Nothing's better for beating the heat or relaxing after a hard day than a nice cold cocktail. Some of the best of these cocktails are made with champagne or sparkling wine, not just the spirits people usually use for cocktails.
The Champagne Cooler is a great champagne cocktail and it's simple to make because it only requires champagne or sparkling wine, some brandy, and a bit of any orange liqueur: Triple Sec, Cointreau, or Blue Curacao.
Champagne Cooler Ingredients
Ingredients for Champagne Cooler Recipes
- Orange Liqueur (Triple Sec, Cointreau) or Blue Curacao
- Dry Champagne or Sparkling Wine
Optional Ingredients for Champagne Cooler
- Fresh Mint Leaves
- Crushed Ice
Champagne Cooler Preparation
Equipment Needed for Champagne Coolers
- White Wine Glass
- Spoon for Stirring
Preparation Time for Champagne Cooler
- 5 minutes for mixing and serving
Serving Tip: Chill the champagne or sparkling wine well in advance.
Champagne Cooler Recipes
Basic Champagne Cooler Recipe
- 1.5oz Brancy
- 1oz Orange Liqueur (Triple Sec, Cointreau)
- 8oz Champagne or Sparkling Wine
- Fresh Mint
- Crushed Ice
- Start with a glass half-filled with crushed ice, if you want a colder drink.
- Pour Brandy and Cointreau into a white wine glass.
- Add Champagne or Sparkling Wine.
- Stir gently, being sure not to lose too much carbonation.
- Garnish with fresh mint, if desired.