The Mumm Napa Brut Prestige reveals how good the results of blending wines can be, especially when they are being blended for a sparkling wine like this. This sparkling wine is both fruity and spicy, a little sweet without being overly sweet, and pairs well with a number of different dishes. Mumm Napa Brut Prestige is definitely worthy trying if you're willing to buy a moderately priced sparkling wine.
Mumm Napa Brut Prestige Tasting Notes & Review
Color & Clarity
Mumm Napa Brut Prestige is a clear, almost watery wine with barely any yellow to be seen.
The aromas of the Mumm Napa Brut Prestige can best be described as "higher pitched" as compared to other sparkling wines. It has bread, grape, and maybe a bit of strawberry in it.
The flavors of the Mumm Napa Brut Prestige are sweet apple that's a bit spicy, like maybe applesauce, as well as bread and red fruit.
Pairing Mumm Napa Brut Prestige with Cheeses
- Cheddar Cheese: This is a fair pairing.
- Aged Gouda: When paired with Gouda, Mumm Napa Brut Prestige becomes more complex and interesting — this is definitely a combination worth trying.
- Aged Parmesan: Mumm Napa Brut Prestige is very good when paired with Parmesan and I'd definitely recommend it.
- Blue Cheese: This is just a fair to neutral pairing.
- Leichester Cave Cheddar: This pairing is also neutral.
- Manchego: This pairing is reasonable and worth trying.
- Irish Stout: I wouldn't normally think that sparkling wine and Irish stout would go well together, but when the Irish stout is in cheese form the pairing is quite good.
Pairing Mumm Napa Brut Prestige with Main Dishes
- Sushi: This pairing is only fair.
- Caivar: The Mumm Napa Brut becomes more complex and much better when paired with caviar — this is a recommended pairing to be sure.
- Lox: When paired with lox, the Mumm Napa Brut becomes better, sweeter, and even heartier. This is not a combination to miss.
- Fried Chicken: Mumm Napa Brut becomes drier and a bit more complex when paired with fried chicken. I'd have this again.