The Korbel Extra Dry is an off-dry sparkling wine made from a blend of Chenin Blanc and Colombard grape varieties. The aromas are primarily sweet fruit though a low intensity. The flavors of the Korbel Extra Dry are also sweet and fruity.
Color & Clarity
Korbel Extra Dry is yellow-gold with clear edges and a strong center.
The aromas of the Korbel Extra Dry sparkling wine are primarily sweet fruit though a low intensity.
The flavors of the Korbel Extra Dry are also sweet and fruity. The Korbel Extra Dry is an off-dry sparkling wine made from a blend of Chenin Blanc and Colombard grape varieties.
Pairing Korbel Extra Dry with Cheeses
- Cheddar Cheese: Korbel Extra Dry becomes drier when paired with cheddar cheese, which helps balance out the sweetness.
- Aged Gouda: When paired with aged Gouda, this sparkling wine is a little less sweet and so perhaps will taste more balanced to many.
- Smoked Gouda: Korbel Extra Dry with smoked Gouda is only a mediocre pairing.
- Chevre: Korbel Extra Dry with chevre is also just a mediocre pairing.
Korbel Extra Dry with Main Dishes
- Pasta with Garlic & Olive Oil, Sage: Korbel Extra Dry paired with this pasta dish is OK, though when sage is added to the mix it gets worse.
- Risotto: This Korbel doesn't change much when paired with risotto.
- Lox & Cream Cheese: The Korbel is a sparkling wine that goes reasonably well with smoked salmon and cream cheese — it's not the best pairing, but it's not bad either.